The heat shrinkable fabric tubing Raychem HFT5000 of the manufacturer TE Connectivity resists heavy burdens and is perfectly suitable for harsh environment applications.
The fabric tubing consists of a halogen-free polyethylene/polyester construction, which is highly flexible. Due to the high flexibility HFT5000 is especially suitable for the easy and compliant installation onto awkward substrates such as bent hoses. The individual fibres are closely interwoven with each other. By this the fibres provide an excellent abrasion resistance and prevent the ingress of water, heat and humidity into the shrinkable tubing.
The fabric has a shrinking ratio of 2:1 at relatively low shrink temperature and is therefore excellently suitable for heat-sensitive substrates.
Areas of application: industry, automotive, aerospace, shipbuilding, defence, railway
Your key benefits at a glance:
- Extraordinary abrasion and cutting resistance
- Highly flexible and halogen-free
- Resistant to fuel, oil, water, dust, battery acid, battery fluid, frost protection and other common liquids
- Suitable for heat-sensitive substrates
- No fraying when cutting
Technical product features:
- Shrink ratio: 2:1
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 125°C
- Processing temperature: 80°C to 110°C
- Size range (not shrunk): 6 … 100 mm
- Approvals: RoHS compliant, ELV compliant, UL (E199379) certified
If you have any further questions about Raychem products from TE Connectivity our service team will be pleased to be at your disposal and to prepare a personal offer for you.back